Oh snaps.

Welcome to the internets. Where most of you spend countless hours during the week. We get paid to sit in front of the computer and pretend to do work, but really, we're finding out what Lindsay Lohan had for breakfast and googling awkward pictures of cats. Here's a toast (a blog toast because drinking is NOT allowed during work...) to all of you 40 hours a week craftsmen. Because let's be honest, we are all craftsmen. Do you know how hard it is to quickly exit a facebook browser?

Friday, October 12, 2012

Dear Seattle,

Yesterday Ellen Degeneres tweeted about Seattle native Macklemore congratulating him on having the #1 Hip Hop album on iTunes and having a song about marriage equality on it.  I just wanted to say how extremely proud I am to have grown up and lived in such a progressive city.  Yesterday was National Coming Out Day.  My Facebook feed was filled with stories of my friends, colleagues and loved ones coming out and how it happened.  They all had one thing in common - the courage it took to do so.  No matter how far we've come, we still have a lot further to go.  Artists like Macklemore allow for our generation to evolve and be okay about equality.  My hat goes off to him.  My hat also goes off to Seattle - thank you for your support.

In case you're wondering - my coming out story isn't that great.  I frighteningly told my parents I was gay and they basically called me Clay Aiken and said they knew.  AMAZING.