Oh snaps.

Welcome to the internets. Where most of you spend countless hours during the week. We get paid to sit in front of the computer and pretend to do work, but really, we're finding out what Lindsay Lohan had for breakfast and googling awkward pictures of cats. Here's a toast (a blog toast because drinking is NOT allowed during work...) to all of you 40 hours a week craftsmen. Because let's be honest, we are all craftsmen. Do you know how hard it is to quickly exit a facebook browser?

Friday, April 29, 2011

William + Kate are Now Married.

Hats, hats and more hats! Oh, and someone became a Princess.

This morning, my mother and my aunt, who is visiting from Minnesota, invited me over to watch the Royal Wedding of Kate and William. It aired live at 4am and as we watched a recording, scones were made, coffee was drunk and my mom handed out plastic tiaras to wear that she purchased at Claire's for the event... Trust me, I had no interest in watching this thing, but I'm a good daughter, and when lemon poppyseed scones are available to eat, I take part. And I put the damn tiara on my head. But let me tell you, this event was serious stuff! It was a spectacle unlike any other.

Aside from Kate Middleton looking gorgeous in an Alexander McQueen gown and Prince William looking like a handsom albeit balding Prince, the procession was beautiful inside Westminster Abbey. David and Victoria Beckham were there-David looked SO GOOD. Maybe the best I've ever seen him look, which I thought would be impossible after seeing him take his shirt off at a Galaxy game last year...


There were other notable guests including Elton John and his husband and all the British Royalty. And every.single.woman was wearing a hat. As an English tradition, I wasn't surprised, however, I was surprised at some of the stupid things women put on their heads. Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice, Williams cousins, looked the most ridiculous. Beatrice wore a hat that looked like a pale spider crawling across her forehead which earned her the dumbest-hat-of-the-day award. Don't these people look in the mirror before they attend an event millions of people will be watching? And don't get me started on Eugenie's dress...

All in all, it was beautiful-as expected. And now they're married. And Kate Middleton is a Princess. Yay.

In other news, have you ever Googled 'What is Prince Williams last name?' Because I just did. When he's not using his proper title Prince William, Duke of Cambridge (which is never), his technical surname is Mountbatten-Windsor. And now I know.