Oh snaps.

Welcome to the internets. Where most of you spend countless hours during the week. We get paid to sit in front of the computer and pretend to do work, but really, we're finding out what Lindsay Lohan had for breakfast and googling awkward pictures of cats. Here's a toast (a blog toast because drinking is NOT allowed during work...) to all of you 40 hours a week craftsmen. Because let's be honest, we are all craftsmen. Do you know how hard it is to quickly exit a facebook browser?

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rant of the day: VOICEMAILS.

Today I would like to talk about a very important subject - Voicemails.

Ok.  Here it goes.  I understand that I didn't pick up the phone.  But did it ever cross your mind that I didn't pick up the phone for a reason?  I mean...yes, I could very well be "busy" but the truth is (and I"m going to offend some of you, but fuck it, because you do this shit too), is because I don't want to talk to you.  Yes.  I silenced your call.  You're lucky I didn't take you straight to voicemail (at least I don't want to hurt your feelings).  But why the fuck did you leave me a 2 minute voicemail acting like we are having a conversation?  Voicemails are supposed to be quick...


"Hey it's me, Call me back."

Not "Omg guess who I ran into.  I saw that girl we met at that party 4 years ago.  You know, the one with the purple cardigan.  She said she had a class with you, I think it was an English class.  She wanted to know what you were up to and where you were living.  I told her you were down in LA.  Also, guess what I had for lunch?  Tuna!  It's been years since I've had tuna!  And I went to this really cool place on Melrose that sells fresh squeezed juice.  The waitress there looked like that one TA we had freshman year of college.  OMG!!!  I forgot to tell you!!!!  I bought that shirt finally!  I know, I need to stop shopping, but seriously!!  How excited are you for me?!!!  Anyway, call me back so I can re-tell you everything I just said in this ridiculously long voicemail.  Actually, scratch that, I'll probably try calling you back in 3 minutes to tell you this all over again."


Word of advice - I will not listen to your voicemail.  This goes out to moms too (sorry mom...I love you, but every voicemail you leave stresses me out).  The only voicemail I care about getting is from the girl I have a crush on.  And that is usually cute and makes me happy.  And that my friends, is a lesson in voicemails.  Love you!