Oh snaps.

Welcome to the internets. Where most of you spend countless hours during the week. We get paid to sit in front of the computer and pretend to do work, but really, we're finding out what Lindsay Lohan had for breakfast and googling awkward pictures of cats. Here's a toast (a blog toast because drinking is NOT allowed during work...) to all of you 40 hours a week craftsmen. Because let's be honest, we are all craftsmen. Do you know how hard it is to quickly exit a facebook browser?

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

10 AM Clubbin'


Who goes clubbing at 10am?  Apparently my friends do!  This past weekend, I went up to San Francisco for Thanksgiving.  I’ve been before, but never like this.  We decided to have a Friendsgiving dinner but it just ended up being a drink fest.  I hung out with my friends from college.  Oh college – the days when you drank all day every day and you didn’t have to worry about a job, paying the bills, the annoying ex.  Everything was great in college.  Sigh…

Anyways, thanks to some new friends (cough cough SALLY cough cough), my trip was pretty great.  The best part – my friend KJ told us he wanted to take us to brunch before we left on Sunday.  We had a big drive ahead of us to head back to LA, so we made sure we woke up early.  I offered to drive, but KJ was convinced that we might be too drunk to drive back.  I was very confused by this. 

On the way to the brunch place, he asks me what I want.  I told him I wanted some old school biscuits and gravy and some shitty diner coffee.  He just laughed out loud.  Looks like I’m about to find out why…

We walk into this brunch place and the MUSIC IS BLARING.  People are dancing everywhere.  Everyone looks like they’re at a club or better – just getting home from a club.  There is a live DJ and a professional photographer taking pictures of everyone.  I looked at KJ and said, “Umm…I wasn’t aware we were going clubbing.”  He just laughed hysterically.  If you can see the expression on everyone else’s face – our jaws were just dropped.

During our 45 minute wait for a table, we were drinking bottomless mimosas and watching people dance.  Mind you, this was at 10 AM.  By the time we got to our table, we were all a little tipsy and ready to dance.  We ordered our food (I got huevos rancheros!) and had more bottomless mimosas than I could count. 
THEN…it happened.  “Teach me how to dougie” came on and all of a sudden the ENTIRE restaurant started dancing.  It was like a scene from a musical – if there was a musical filled with attractive hipsters all learning the Dougie.  If you know me, then you know that I have been carefully trying to learn how to Dougie since I’ve been in LA.  And here is where I saw it done for the first time.  Others have tried to show me their version, but they were missing the swag these 10 am clubgoers had.  I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. 

So you’re probably wondering where this brunch heaven is…it’s called LIME and it’s in the Castro in SF.  The best time to go?  Brunch on the weekends.  But don’t expect your typical senior citizen discount.  Dress to impress and whip your hair back and forth.  The best part?  When we were leaving, it was still bright as shit out and we saw a group of VERY drunk girls stumbling out.  I LOVE SAN FRANCISCO.