Oh snaps.

Welcome to the internets. Where most of you spend countless hours during the week. We get paid to sit in front of the computer and pretend to do work, but really, we're finding out what Lindsay Lohan had for breakfast and googling awkward pictures of cats. Here's a toast (a blog toast because drinking is NOT allowed during work...) to all of you 40 hours a week craftsmen. Because let's be honest, we are all craftsmen. Do you know how hard it is to quickly exit a facebook browser?

Monday, November 22, 2010

Fatty McFatterson

[Justin Bieber in the Fatbooth]

The weekends are always nice.  It’s a time to get away from work, sleep in, and of course EAT SO MUCH FUCKING RANDOM FOOD.  I find my weekends here in LA to be filled with a lot of drinking and even more dining.  I ate so much food this weekend that I almost want to throw in the towel for Thanksgiving (but I probably won’t because I’m FATTY McFatterson). 

Friday night started off with dinner at my friend’s new work – GOOD GIRL DINETTE.  Nestled in Highland Park, the restaurant was a casual little place, perfect for a laid-back dinner.  The food can only be described as “Asian Diner” food.  Does that even make sense?  It was classy, delicious and a pretty big bang for your buck.  I got the spring rolls to start off with and the Vegetarian pho.  For dessert, I had the bread pudding (I usually don’t like dessert, but I ate this so fast…I couldn’t stop).  My friends had a curry dish and a Panini that was more reminiscent of a Bahn Mi sandwich.  All in all, it was DELICIOUS.  There were 2 favorite parts about this restaurant:  First off, you got to bring your own beer.  I like places where you’re allowed to do this because then you KNOW for a fact you’re not getting suckered into paying $8 for a beer that you know costs close a dollar. Secondly, there’s a really HOT girl that works there.  I’m hoping she reads this and it makes her nervous for about 2 seconds because that’s how I felt during the whole dinner.  Yup.  Anyways-goes there.  It’s definitely worth the drive!

 [Homos that eat dinner]

Saturday night was a little cray cray.  I still had MORE loads of laundry to do, so Corey was gracious enough to let me do laundry at her house.  We decided to be lazy and set up my projector (best purchase ever made in my lifetime…), watch some girly rom coms and order some Chinese food.  Great Saturday.  We ended up ordering from this place called SZECHWANwhich I later found out people liked to call it SKETCHwan because of some history of food poisoning.  As someone pointed out, “It’s like a game.  You don’t know if you’ll get sick, it’s kind of funny”.  So needless to say I was a little worried (and so was my tummy) about this restaurant.  Word of advice – don’t order food when you’re SUPER HUNGRY.  Have a little snack, give it a minute and decide the proper portions to order.  What happens when you order when you’re STARVING?  You end up ordering $52 of Chinese food.  52 Dollars!!!!  Who does this?  We ended up having a ton of leftovers (DUH).  It was pretty good but I definitely won’t be spending that much money on some place nicknamed “SKETCHwan.”

Saturday night was spent at a club night at the ECHOPLEX called “Bootie Mashup”.  They basically mash up a genre of music with top 40.  Saturday’s mash up was with 80’s music.  It was amazing!  Maybe because I was super loaded, but mostly because I haven’t found any good dance nights yet (minus Mustache Mondays).  I will definitely be back for me.  So what happens when you’re drunk at 3 in the morning?  YOU EAT!  As soon as I left the bar, I encountered a little something called a Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog.  Ughh…Deadly…but so…delicious.  Then because we couldn’t hail a cab (too drunk to know what was going on), we decided to go to a place called THE BRITE SPOT.  Note to self – don’t ever go here again.  Another note to self – don’t ever order meatloaf.  EVER.  The following picture is what I got.  It looked like they warmed up a $1 tv dinner and instead of meatloaf, I got a Salisbury steak.  Ugh.  I had a rock in my stomach when I woke up the next morning.  

 [Meatloaf?]

Speaking of the next morning, we finally went to THE HOUSE OF BREAKFAST.   But more on that later…

Just to recap, let’s see everything I ate this weekend:
-  Good Girl Dinette:  Spring Rolls, Vegetarian Pho, Bread Pudding
-  Szechwan:  Fried Rice, Garlic Shrip, Kung Pao Chicken, Egg Drop Noodle Soup, Chow Mein
-  Echoplex:  Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog and a bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos
-  The Brite Spot:  Meatloaf aka Salisbury Steak, Baby Food Mashed Potatoes, cold vegetables
-  House of Breakfast:  2 Eggs, Sausage Patty, Fried Rice, Hash Browns, Toast
-  Dinner at my house:  20 Dinasaur Chicken Nuggets.  I kid you not.


WOW.  Enough to feed a village.  Oh perfect, it’s Thanksgiving this week.