Oh snaps.

Welcome to the internets. Where most of you spend countless hours during the week. We get paid to sit in front of the computer and pretend to do work, but really, we're finding out what Lindsay Lohan had for breakfast and googling awkward pictures of cats. Here's a toast (a blog toast because drinking is NOT allowed during work...) to all of you 40 hours a week craftsmen. Because let's be honest, we are all craftsmen. Do you know how hard it is to quickly exit a facebook browser?

Monday, January 24, 2011

Pork Sliders and Boy Bands.

Now it’s no secret that when you live in LA, you are bound to run into someone famous or someone who used to be famous or someone who looks famous.  This past weekend, I went to go visit my friend’s restaurant Wood Ranch in the Grove.  I sat down to be greeted by my waiter – Trevor Pennick from O-Town.  O – Town!  Okay, O-Town wasn’t the biggest boy band ever, but they were pretty big.  Liquid Dreams anyone?  They were the OGs of Making the Band.  Their single “Nothing at all” is a favorite karaoke song of mine.  So you can imagine my surprise that Trevor was right in front of me.  No I was not at a concert sitting front row center, I was at the bar, front row center.  He even busted out in song singing some lyrics from Maroon 5!  I felt like I got the works!  While I was chowing down on the best rolls ever, mac and cheese, cole slaw (to die for) and pork sliders, my 13 year old self was high fiving my 24 year old self in excitement.  He revealed some top boy band secrets – they are indeed trying to have a reunion! So there you go – no matter how many records you’ve sold and sold out crowds you performed in front of, you might still end up a bartender.  Can you imagine???  What if one day I went to the Olive Garden and Lindsay Lohan was my server?  Two words:  BIG TIP.    


And now for your viewing pleasure, O-Town's song "Liquid Dreams".  I can't believe I didn't know what this song meant!!