Oh snaps.

Welcome to the internets. Where most of you spend countless hours during the week. We get paid to sit in front of the computer and pretend to do work, but really, we're finding out what Lindsay Lohan had for breakfast and googling awkward pictures of cats. Here's a toast (a blog toast because drinking is NOT allowed during work...) to all of you 40 hours a week craftsmen. Because let's be honest, we are all craftsmen. Do you know how hard it is to quickly exit a facebook browser?

Friday, December 10, 2010

It Only Snows for the Wealthy in LA


Per Mercado's suggestion, Daniel and I went down to Rodeo Dr. last night to check out the "snow in LA." Turns out, it was pretty neato. The "snow," some sort of soapy/foamy substance, was blasting out of snow machines high above the glitz and glam of Rodeo, falling on passersby and blanketing the palm trees lining the street. I'm sure you can only see snow-covered palm trees in this city.
They shut the entire street down so that anyone could leisurely walk back in forth across Rodeo without the hassle of watching for cars. The only exception were horse drawn carriages dressed in Christmas lights carrying people down the snowy street. It reminded me of a scene out of Cinderella when she was in that pumpkin on her way to the ball. It was enchanting at first glance, but probably cost somewhere in the vein of 100 bucks for a 15 minute ride. After all, we were in Beverly Hills-a place synonymous with $MONEY$.
The high-end stores were all open, keeping their doors ajar to serve complimentary champagne to customers admiring expensive clothes, purses watches and shoes. Everyone walking around was so fancy, and we even had a celeb sighting: that guy who plays Eric on "Entourage." He was really short. All in all, I must have seen 35 pairs of red-soled Louboutins walking around on the feet of some very lucky ladies. Not that I expected anything less from these Beverly Hill-ers. But I certainly didn't plan accordingly.

I was not walking around in expensive high heels. I was walking around in worn-out black boots, a leather jacket and a beanie on my head. I probably looked like a wanna-be hipster who lost her way amid All the Beautiful People. To top it all off, after I snuck into the bathroom of some elegant restaurant, I took my beanie off while I was washing my hands and placed it right in the soap dish that catches the residual soap after someone dispenses some. It was ALL OVER that hat. It looked like I had just stood under the god-damn snow dispenser for 6 hours. I had to walk out of that place, trying not to get caught, with hat-hair and a frothy beanie.

Point being, I need to work on my swank. Who want's to buy me a pair Louboutins??