Oh snaps.

Welcome to the internets. Where most of you spend countless hours during the week. We get paid to sit in front of the computer and pretend to do work, but really, we're finding out what Lindsay Lohan had for breakfast and googling awkward pictures of cats. Here's a toast (a blog toast because drinking is NOT allowed during work...) to all of you 40 hours a week craftsmen. Because let's be honest, we are all craftsmen. Do you know how hard it is to quickly exit a facebook browser?

Thursday, December 2, 2010

TIS THE SEASON!

Every now and again (re: almost everyday) I will flip over to the smooth listening station on the radio, KOST 103.5. I drive the same piece of shit car I've been drivin' since I was 16, and since the CD player is broken and all things related to plugging in and using an iPod don't work, I get to listen to nothing but the radio. It's not so bad. I listen to talk radio in the morning on the way to work and sometimes they talk about interesting things. And since the pop stations play nothing but the same 6 songs on loop all day long, I have been forced to become a fan of Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream."

But I always switch over to KOST 103.5 in hopes that I will hear Celine Dion singing "My Heart Will Go On" or Mariah Carey belting out "Always Be My Baby." This station plays a whole bunch of crap, but those two artists are always featured. And who doesn't love singing Titanic at the top of their lungs in traffic on a Wednesday afternoon?

Well, this morning I had the good fortune of hearing another Mariah hit on KOST. Since about 2 weeks before Thanksgiving, KOST has been playing NON-STOP Christmas and Holiday music (talk about over-kill??). I knew this, but I still switched over in hopes of the KOST people somehow considering "My Heart Will Go On" a Holiday Classic.

Well, it wasn't Celine. BUT It was Mariah's "All I want For Christmas Is You." SCORE!! I knew I continued to go to this station for a reason. This is a great song. Listen to it.

...and, ladies and gentleman, this is all I have to blog about on a Thursday morning. But hey-not all of us can stay up late eating expensive sushi in Hollywood with movie stars and have INTERESTING things to write about.

I do consider myself lucky, though. I got to drive up to the 6th floor of that parking garage belting out one of the greatest Christmas classics. It's going to be a good day.