Oh snaps.

Welcome to the internets. Where most of you spend countless hours during the week. We get paid to sit in front of the computer and pretend to do work, but really, we're finding out what Lindsay Lohan had for breakfast and googling awkward pictures of cats. Here's a toast (a blog toast because drinking is NOT allowed during work...) to all of you 40 hours a week craftsmen. Because let's be honest, we are all craftsmen. Do you know how hard it is to quickly exit a facebook browser?

Friday, December 3, 2010

Ring-a-fucking-ling


 [Call me, and I can make it juicy for ya]

Today my cellphone went off during work.  I was away from my desk so my phone went off for a good 2 minutes.  The ring tone – Lil Wayne’s “Lollipop”.  Not only was it “Lollipop” but it was just the “Call me” part…oh you know exactly what I’m talking about…”Call me, so I can make it juicy for ya…call me so I can make it juicy for ya.”  Over and over this little sentence blared from my desk.  I got back to my phone and just looked around while everyone laughed.  I immediately regretted purchasing that ring tone, even though it was meant to be a joke. 

It reminded me of the time my brother was in court (he’s a lawyer).  It was one of his first times being in court and his phone went off and the ring tone was “I’m in love with a stripper” by T-Pain.  Oh dear.  Gotta love that autotune. 

And just yesterday, Corey said she was walking down the hall at her office and started hearing “California Gurls” by Katy Perry blaring.  She thought it was someone’s embarrassing ring tone, but it turns out her iphone went off and her itunes started playing.  I mean – we ALL have that song, but don’t necessarily want anyone to know we listen to it.  Everyday.  While being stuck in LA traffic.  And bopping our heads side to side.  

 [california gurls - we're undeniable]

After today’s embarrassing ring tone story, it makes me wonder how people go about choosing their ring tones.  Is it your favorite song of the year?  Is it the cheapest one you can find?  For me, it was meant to be a joke.  But now everyone thinks I have a friend calling me to make it juicy for them.  I guess the jokes on me.  Dammit.